3S LiPo, 100mm frame, 1104 6500KV motorsProject started on July 17, 2017.
Not being totally happy with the power available with my 2S xyAurora90 I decided to build a 3S Aurora100 in July 2017.
Here are some recordings of the FPV footage. Be aware that these videos are recorded from the received signal on the ground. Not only can you see lots of interference and other HF problems, the loss of quality from the video recorder and the YouTube encoding is also very noticeable. In real-life, the picture doesn't look that bad.
Initially I tried the 1104 7000KV DYS motors, but they had problems with vibrations I couldn't fix with any soft-mounting solutions I've tried, and after tuning the filters with a blackbox. I then swapped to the Eachine motors listed below, with them everything works perfectly with stock PID settings.
Also, at first I was using the Eachine 25mW AIO Cam with this build. However, because I flew often simultaneously with friends, we decided to all switch to RunCams and TBS transmitters, as listed below.
These are the prices as recorded by Rotorbuilds. To be honest, I have no clue if they are what I paid back when I built this copter.
This write-up was first published on Rotorbuilds.
You can find my Betaflight configuration dumps here.